At Home Vitamin C Serum with True, Food-Based Vitamin C
Vitamin C is something that is naturally found in the makeup of our skin, particularly on the dermis and epidermis. Vitamin C plays an important role in skin health due to its antioxidant properties. Just think about everything our skin must work to fight against. Vitamin C aids in the repair and renewal of skin cells. This repair and renewal helps keep our skin looking youthful and healthy.
Reduce wrinkles, brighten skin, even skin tone, and repair damaged skin with these few simple ingredients.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon Truly Natural™ Vitamin C Powder
- 1 teaspoon distilled water (to dissolve vitamin C powder)
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel or vegetable glycerine (however, this many be a bit sticky on your skin)
- 1/4 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vitamin E Gel (optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine the vitamin C powder and distilled water. Whisk the ingredients until the vitamin C powder is completely dissolved. Once dissolved, stir in the aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil.
2. Pour the serum into a dark amber bottle, preferably glass (a funnel helps)
3. Store the serum in the fridge for 1-2 weeks. Around the 2-week mark, you may notice the serums PH level change.
Before bed, wash your face, then use a toner followed by a small amount of homemade Vitamin C Serum and then a moisturizer.
Gently shake the serum bottle before each use. The serum will be thick.
In the morning, rinse your face before applying makeup and stepping out the door.
Vitamin C serum should not be used during the day due to sun exposure and interactions.